CERAMIST FOR A DAY
The workshop will be held by the “NJCOCERAMICHE” team from Santo Stefano di Camastra: Nicola Mirenda, the craftsman, his wife Iwona, and their assistant Luca.
The workshop is held in the beautiful Nebrodi Regional Park, overlooking the Tyrrhenian coasts.
– Welcome and workshop description;
– Decorating and glazing a bowl;
– Firing a gas kiln;
– Making a vase using the coil method (“lucignolo”);
– Making pieces using a potter’s wheel;
– Hand building a flower and other small pieces;
– Press molding using plaster press molds;
– Opening of kiln, the students will receive the pieces they created;
First available date: Sunday, March 17, 2019.
The workshop will last 4 hours and is organized as follows:
– 2 hours in the morning (from 10.00 to 12.00)
– Break and tasting local products
– 2 hours in the afternoon (from 14.00 to 16.00)